NES, Wii U Virtual Console, GBA
With the pending re-release of the NES, we knew that people were going to be looking for drinking games related to some of their favorite classics. Personally, I can think of no game that I was more hopeful to see on the list than Balloon Fight. Hours and hours of my childhood were spent playing this game on 1-player, 2-player, and Balloon Trip. So without further ado, here are ways to get drunk with all 3 options.
- Your Balloon Pops – Take a Drink
- You Lose a Life – Take a Shot
- You Are Struck by Lightning – Take a Shot
- Hit by a Fucking Fish – Take a Shot
- Lose a Balloon – Take a Drink
- Lose a Life– Take 3 Drinks
- Struck by Lightning– Take a Shot
- Hit by Fish– Take a Shot
- Earn 3000 Points – Give a Drink
- Earn 12,000 Points – Give a Shot
Distribute point based drinks/shots before or after each bonus round.
Bonus Rounds (Optional):
Distribute the following drinks in addition to the drinks from rules listed above.
- Earn 1,000 Points – Give a Drink
- Score a Perfect 10– Give a Shot
The point amounts can be adjusted to the skill level of your group. If you’re all terrible, take them down a bit. If you’re pros, raise them – or don’t and just drink like crazy.
This can be played similar to 1-Player mode, but there’s also a great way to play with a group. Essentially, one person will be playing the game and the other players will be gambling on their performance.
For the person playing the game:
After you lose, give out a drink for every 3,000 points you earned, or a shot for every 12,000 points.
Alternate: Everyone not playing takes a drink each time the player accumulates 3,000 points.
For the other players:
Before the player begins, you may wager on two aspects of the game.
Cause of Death:
Bet a number of drinks on how you think the player will die (Lightning, Fish or Drowning.) If you are wrong, drink your wager. If you are right, give out drinks according to the chart below:
- Death by Lightning – Give Double Your Wager
- Death by Drowning- Give Triple Your Wager
- Death by Fish- Give QUADRUPLE Your Wager
Total Points Accumulated:
Each player will guess how many points the player will accumulate before dying. The player closest to the correct amount may give out 1 drink per 1,000 points they are off by.
While in Balloon Trip, any time the player pops a bubble, all players must chug their drinks for the duration of the screen freeze!